Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Top Ten Favorite Films

How should I start this new blog site that will focus more on my great interest in watching movies as per my other PauTravels blog that focus on my travel interest is course listing down my top ten movie favorites.

Since I started working as an IT professional, I have started on buying movies to be part of my collection and these are original copies and not the pirated ones. Probably as of last year, I already had about 110 copies of different movies which I very much like. That includes mostly romantic-comedy, fantasy, science fiction, classics, and some action films.

Among these, I'd say the following should top the list but not on arranged to priority:

1. Moulin Rouge. This is a musical which featured pop songs as part of its musical lines, starring Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor. The movie on the story of star-crossed lovers who met in Moulin Rouge.

2. Heart and Souls. This is a story of four ghosts who got attached to a kid who was born on the day the four met a deadly accident. It starred Robert Downey Jr. as the adult kid who helped the four ghosts finish their last tasks.

3. My Best Friend's Wedding. This movie follows Julia Robert's character as she try to sabotage her best friend's wedding. Aside from the story, its songs made it lovelier.

4. The Wedding Singer. This is set in the 80's era where it runs around the love story of the wedding singer played by Adam Sandler and the waitress played by Drew Barrymore.

5. Interview with The Vampire. Based on the novel of Anne Rice, this is a story of two vampires played by Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt in their quest for a future together.

6. Independence Day. The day aliens came to earth and attacks its key cities, a group of men led the fight for Independence. Will Smith plays the main role.

7. It Could Happen To You. A very inspiring movie that focused on a cop played by Nicolas Cage who won the lottery and gave a waitress the biggest tip she got which is 2 million dollars.

8. War of The Worlds. Based from the novel of H.G. Wells, its a story about the attack of Martians to the planet.

9. Forrest Gump. This movie follows the story of a special kid who grew up to experience great achievements in his lifetime. Tom Hanks played the role.

10. Titanic. Based on the real event of the sinking of a celebrated maiden voyage of the Titanic which sank in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. The story follows the love story of Jack and Rose played by Leonardo Di Caprio and Kate Winslet.

How about you, what's your top 10?

1 comment:


View My Stats